Latest blog posts
Pre-planning is the key to the mature citizens life planning stages. Adult children, what events and life planning care should you be discussing with your parents?
1. If the parent is wanting to downsize from the family home, where would they move to? Closer to one of the silblings? How do the parent(s) decide which location? What's best for them?
2. How do the siblings decide who's going to be in charge of Mom or Dad's medical and finanices?
3. Our parents already have a will? Does the will tell us everything we need to know? What's missing? What other issues does our family need to consider for care for our parents?
4. If Mom or Dad need caregivers or live in assisted living, how will they pay for it? Who will manage their funds? Who will decide where they go and what care do they need?
5. If our parents don't have the funds to have caregivers in the home what are the other choices? How will the adult children pay for it? What is fair ?
6. How will my siblings resolve disagreements with Mom and Dad's care, finances, where to live, what they need, liquidating their household items, downsizing, moving, and so much more? Where can siblings go for help or resources?
The answers to the above questions are different for every family. If you haven't had a conversation with your parents start sooner rather than later.